Sunday, May 29, 2011

Tschernobyl nowadays

Hey there,

I have seen some pictures of the area in and around Tschernobyl and they left me shocked.

http://acidcow.com/pics/16330-chernobyl-today-52-pics.html

To be honest, I have never had such a close look on photos of the reactor accident before. Especially the pictures of the floor full of gas masks and the ones from the school touched me most. These photos demonstrate how the citizens left their cities in panic and fear.

Till now the land is abandoned, the houses and streets are almost the same like 25 years ago and sooner or later the nature will fetch back what the human have taken away from it a long time ago.

Shockingly despite the fact that the area is still contaminated some people came back and chose this area to become their home for themselves and their families. This shows how ignorant people deal with the danger of increased radioactivity

This ignorance somehow reminds me on the greenwashing of the event like we have seen in the movie „The China Syndrome“. To me they do not seem to know the danger and seriousness of an event like in Tschernobyl or now Fukushima.

No comments:

Post a Comment